query stuff

ohdang888

I have a table called "test_table" with a few columns.... id, name, description, author

I made name and description FULLTEXT fields so i could use MATCH AGINST searching with them

i inserted multiple rows with random content, and one row with a name of php.net and description of "has lots of php stuff"

here's my query:

$res = mysql_query("SELECT *, MATCH(description, name) AGAINST('php') AS score FROM 
test_table WHERE MATCH(description, name) AGAINST('php') ORDER BY SCORE DESC")or die(mysql_error());

echo mysql_num_rows($res);

theres no errors. And its echoing a zero.

Whats up? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please do not bump after an hour. Perhaps if you took care and posted this in the MySQL forum you would of had your questioned answered by the MySQL gurus who tend to only browse that forum.

Moving to MySQL forum.

Edit:

Sorry about the bump remarks, long day. Still the same goes, take care to choose the right forum for the topic. That is most likely why this has gone unanswered like it has.

Please do not bump after an hour. Perhaps if you took care and posted this in the MySQL forum you would of had your questioned answered by the MySQL gurus who tend to only browse that forum.

Moving to MySQL forum.

Uh... check you time math premiso. I know you are good at it with your parentheses. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.