Critique my site!

ohdang888

I need feedback for my new site.

I don't have a domain name yet, haven't finalized the name

About

Its called BookmarkIn' It. Basically, its site that's meant to be a homepage. Bookmark sites and have the thumbshot displayed for quick access. Also, add apps, etc.

Test Account

email: testaccount@test.com

pass: TestAccount

http://bookmark.socialapps.sclek.com/beta/?view_token=8bf8951h34v

Any feedback, suggestion, or hack attempts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Get rid of the banner.  Unless you're driving in a massive amount of traffic you won't make any money, it's just in the way and annoying.

- Like Axeia said, center the top banner.  The banner is also a bit fuzzy and isn't very catchy.  Add some color and maybe a cool little logo.

- Fix the top nav links.  The "My Account" link droops down too far, cutting off the word "Account" a bit.  Also, the "Applications" link bleeds into the developers link.

- Distinguish the "Add bookmark" link a little better.  It was a a bit hard to find, it is the main feature of your site.

- I fail to understand the purpose of the PHP.net and Moodle search?

- Applications>>Random Apps =

Not Found

The requested URL /beta/apps/random.php was not found on this server.

- After you log in there is a blank box with a black border under, "View Options".

- Added the "Stock App" and tried to add a stock but wasn't successful.  There is no add button...

This was all viewed and used in FF3 Ubuntu.

Thanks i really appreciate the feedback!

- I fail to understand the purpose of the PHP.net and Moodle search?

They're apps you can add.The idea behind the php.net is that if you use it a lot, you don't have to manually type in the url, etc. Just enter a function name into the box and it will take you to the page.

Similar for moodle. Though thats a log-in form for my schools site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.