php

mail

bin

ssh

access_logs

and a few other misc stuff

Can i do something with this

[quote author=dreamwest link=topic=253079.msg1188769#msg1188769 date=1242819173

Do i run it in my browser or do i need root access of the server and run it through something like putty

The question you should ask your self is "why do I want to run this bash script". If you want to run it by calling a url in your browser you could use php using the exe function

[quote author=dreamwest link=topic=253079.msg1188769#msg1188769 date=1242819173

Do i run it in my browser or do i need root access of the server and run it through something like putty

The question you should ask your self is "why do I want to run this bash script". If you want to run it by calling a url in your browser you could use php using the exe function

Im on a mission to learn every available programming language i can - Its my hobby

I didnt know you can run shell commands with a function

Im on a mission to learn every available programming language i can - Its my hobby

I didnt know you can run shell commands with a function

Then you're better of installing linux, freeBSD or anything else that runs bash on one of your computers and use a terminal. Using a webserver to learn bash isn't really gonna cut it

Then you're better of installing linux, freeBSD or anything else that runs bash on one of your computers and use a terminal. Using a webserver to learn bash isn't really gonna cut it

Ok - will do.

Ill do some searching tonight on how to set it up

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.