what are the items need to do from the technology side to be ready for go-live

starphp

Yes, its almost completed the coding side. Client asked me to comment about the technology side aspects to take care before the launch.

Sorry, due to the agreement, I can't disclose the url!!

It is my first freelance work after I resigned from job, so my future is depends on this work.

Well, yeah, have a server with your language that coded it on it, the database or whatever else you are using?

I mean, I just don't understand what there is technological about it? You just host a server and its there? Well, I suppose like a domain? Do you have one registered yet?

Well, you need to build a server, install an operating system on it, hook it up to the internet, and install the necessary services as well. You need to lock it down with various security measures. You need to purchase a domain name and setup the DNS zones so the domain points to the IP address of your server. You need to upload your files (FTP/SFTP/SCP) or perhaps check it out from version control (SVN/CVS/Mercurial/Git) and setup the HTTPd. You'd probably have to setup a database as well.

Surely you must know what you are doing when you deploy the website.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.