How to create a quote caculator?

iconicCreator

Good Day everyone.

I'm looking at creating a quote calculator, it will be like a form with questions about what the user wants to buy or quote and will give out a number in dollars based on what product the user selects from a drop down list.

Example:

What sandwich would you like to buy? (List Items)                                          Price:(prices will be echo here).

1. Roast beef

2. Chicken

3. vegetable

4. Fish

Now if the user selects Roast Beef, the price of the Roast Beef sandwich will be echo or printed.

What would you like on your sandwich? (Check boxes must be use because user may need more then one condiment added.)

1. Ketchup

2. Cheese

3. Mustard

4. Lettuce

Now if the user add ketchup, Cheese, ect, the price will add to the price of the sandwich and echo a total.

Would you like a drink with your order? Again check boxes, user can select more then one drink, price added and totaled.

1. Diet Coke

2. Sprite

3. Root Beer

4. Mountain Dew.

Also I need to be able to change the prices of each product in the script.

The user does not see the price. The price only becomes visible when the item selected and added to the total.

I would like to do this myself but novice to php, I have never done this kind of script befor and have been searching for tutorials and other resources but nothing close to this.

Does anybody know where I can find an example, tutorials?

Thanks everyone.

IC

this is just a simple database with PHP interactions.

You will need a simple HTML form submitting info

Database table with all the prices

PHP and MYSQL for taking the users info and querying it into a database.

search for these different items on the internet, this will give you the basic knowledge to make your app.

heres an example of forms and php http://www.tizag.com/phpT/forms.php

Since this would be an instant quote, I would rather not have a database, meaning the user just enter what they want, not asking for name or contact information, just a quote.

I say this based on my own web experience, when I go to a website and need a quote, I just want a quote not people asking me anything.

IC

Since this would be an instant quote, I would rather not have a database, meaning the user just enter what they want, not asking for name or contact information, just a quote.

Using a database doesn't mean you're obliged to ask the person filling out the form about themselves, or that they have to "login" to get a quote. A database is simply a repository of information, e.g. cost and flavour of sandwiches, cost and type of extras, cost of drinks, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Dear,

Sorry for the late reply.........I could not recognize you .........But still it's Ok........

I am pretty sure and interested to deliver you a Quote Calculator.....

Can you plz send me detailed message to me at my personal email address:

Also explain in detail your functional requirements along with Time & Budget Schedule.....

Email: raorafique28@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Rao Rafique

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.