What is SEO and help in setting up a website?

kpxada

I am looking to set up a website for a new business that I am just starting and although I am familiar with the pc and the internet, I am struggling to find out what SEO is. Also, as costs are limited, can I do it myself?

I am looking to set up a website for a new business that I am just starting and although I am familiar with the pc and the internet, I am struggling to find out what SEO is. Also, as costs are limited, can I do it myself?

Of course you can do it yourself! But now for the bad news: SEO is kind of a niche it's self, and something that needs to be learned entirely, kind of like learning to code. It's going to be a long haul to be honest, knowing nothing about SEO and a decent SEO agent can command thousands of dollars good work. Good luck :).

Then again, a lot of it is done already for you if you use a content management system such as wordpress or joomla or some other for which there are tons of SEO plugins which do a decent job. (Better than you'd get from some companies, especially if you're trying to get it cheap)

And I'm quite sure the folks around here are more than willing to help you out to point out potential flaws caused by a theme.

• 2 months later...

SEO is not difficult. You can find loads of information on the Web. You need to keep in mind that SEO is all about patience. You need to keep working consistently, the results would be seen after probably 6 months. You also need to keep a close track of multiple aspects. But, you need to keep going, the results would surely show up in some months.

SEO is a way of optimizing your site to be search engine friendly that it can exist well in the search engines when people are searching/browsing the internet.

SEO consists of two: On Page SEO and Off page SEO

On page means you do SEO on your website pages by optimizing the keyword, meta tags, title tags, design, and so on.

Off page means you do SEO off your website pages, like for example with link building - article submission, forum posting, social bookmarking, social networking, directory listing, blog commenting with quality content and not just spamming...

Additionally you can also add SEM strategy as the part of SEO by advertising and marketing your website in advertising spaces.

Hope it helps ...