vuCMS v1.0 Beta 4

xTwilightx

I don't like it I'm afraid, it's very bland and monocharamatic. I don't really understand what it's a CMS for? The whole thing looks like a forum. The main content for each page doesn't look thought out or filling. The form inputs are backwards on certain pages? If you login to the admin panel, go back to the homepage, then back to the admin panel you have to log in again. Your logo breaks the laws of physics.

Your XHTML and CSS don't validate!

Also a note on security, although I know this isn't the BETA test forum, you can upload ANY file using your avatar uploader! For example, look what I uploaded:

http://vucms.uni.cc/avatars/91070phpinfo.php

Obviously this is incredibly insecure should someone gain access to the admin panel. I've not tested anything else but I dare say if this is possible then you'll have a lot more holes in your system. Read up on PHP security!

To be honest pal I don't think many, if any, will buy this - simply down to the flaws I mentioned and lack of features.

Thank you for the repsonse. I'm probably not going to sell it.

This code is one of my very old codes. I know it looks like a forum, but its more of a News Portal/Blog.

I plan on changing the style. I'm currently going over the security issues while implementing a template engine.

Alright a few updates...

I had to change servers so the vucms.uni.cc url is going to take 24 hours to point to the new server.

http://ncsronline.com/vucms.uni.cc/

There is the temporary url.

I've added a login system, registration system, template engine, pagnation, and fixed the Avatar upload to where it must be .jpg in order to upload. I'll add more picture formats soon.

I'm working on the AdminCP so it's not working at the moment.

Roadmap for v1.0;

UserCP

Fresh New Style

It's bland and there's definitely a lot of work you'll still need to do. Most important thing of all- add some images! I hate seeing a "blank" webpage like that. More images. A lot more images.

I hate to see <table> code all over. I understand that the message needs to be a table (tabular data) but everything else should be in a div!

I can see potential. But you'll need to work extra hard!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.