Help/Suggestions with SEO

madar1985

I'm looking for a little advice for SEO. I don't know which sources to believe on the internet - many of them are just trying to get me to buy there services.

I have a new site ("cpuvid.com"). Its a database of CPU VIDs and Batch numbers - a very useful tool to the computer enthusiast community.

What I have done so far:

- Used a descriptive home page - key words, but not overly saturated with them.

- Posted it on an overclocking forum that I'm a member of - which is providing nearly all of the traffic so far.

- Tried posting it on other forums - but they thought it was spam. I'm not an established member on many forums.

What would you guys suggest? The site hasn't been indexed with Google yet I don't believe.

As a note - the ads and affiliate program with Newegg.com supports a local non-profit organization.

Thanks for the help and suggestions

Hi,

I would suggest you to create a list of websites that represent the targeted audience of yours and to try to get visitors from them. Do not work to get your links featured in any websites as a part of any commercial contract and DO NOT post in any forums only to get your signature featured in the threads. Try to help others and participate to quality sessions and discussions.

Presence in social networks with your own video clips (hoe you would have interesting ones) would help you to attract more attention.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.