critique our new app site

kevisazombie

It looks quite professional. I can't see anything wrong with it. I'm actually downloading War Rock right now. :P

The only thing I noticed is that the "policy" in "privacy policy" goes outside of the box. Besides that, looks good to me.

Edit: http://www.digizal.com/userimage/583/ is an image and if you view it, it is an invalid image and might be secruity comprimising.

Seems to be having some font issues using Firefox 3.5 beta on openSUSE 11.2 milestone 2.

The "Discover applications for any occasion on any device " text is over the searchbox and the links next to it.

Although enough is showing for me read a nice typo. "Reigster".

http://www.digizal.com/product/Twitterific/all/ text in the menu is overlapping there again.

Same with the links at the bottom, some links are falling outside of the image background.

You skipped a couple of levels on the headings. There is a <h1>, but no <h2><h3> and then all of a sudden <h4> does show up.

http://www.digizal.com/product/Twitterific/all/ The one ul/li combination would make much more sense as a definition list (<dl><dt><dd>) and the empty <p>'s shouldnt' be needed, just add some bottom margin.

Don't forget tables have the <th> tag for tableheaders.

I do like the looks, although on some pages it gets a bit too crowded with a ton of images and text all close to eachother. Might be rather heavy with all those images.. but the images do add a nice touch.

Looks nice. I think I would like to see a little more contrast though.  The colors are all pretty light.  To me it seems heavily inspired by apple, which is a good thing because Apple does a great job with their website. It would be nice if the links in the columns had a background color change on hover. I prefer the button feel.

Everything is nice and contained and then you have "Discover applications for any occasion on any device" just floating.  I think this can be done better.  Not sure exactly how, but it feels out of place.

I think the "Browse Categories" column should probably extend the same height as the content area.  Overall, looks pretty good.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.