The Begging Of An Insentive Site HELP!

norled

Hey Everyone, I know it is hard and may take a while but I'm ready. I want to script an insentive freebie site from scratch. I know HTML, a bit of javascript, Msql and some PHP but I don't know where to start?

Maybe some links and ebooks can help.

Well it all depends on how do you wish to do to update your site. Do you want a admin login where you just have to upload things and it will just add it to the database? Or do you wish to just upload them in a html fashion. What features do you wish to add? People registering to your site and having the ability to add some things themselves?

It would help to give us a bit more information about you wish to do.

Well it all depends on how do you wish to do to update your site. Do you want a admin login where you just have to upload things and it will just add it to the database? Or do you wish to just upload them in a html fashion. What features do ylou wish to add? People registering to your site and having the ability to add some things themselves?

It would help to give us a bit more information about you wish to do.

I would preferbly want an admin login. Similar features to Freepay, Freebiejeebies, kudos, Real Incentives and ForFree4U.

Then I would start by creating a sql database with all the variables you will be using. To store Users (with and/or without admin status), then creating a safe login and registration script. After you would have to create your way of creating a way in order to organize all your freebie stuff with a pagination system. That'd be the way to do it...

Split your project down into modules / chunks and plan each module out one at a time - What is it supposed to do, what is the input, what is the output etc. Modules could include the following:

• Registration
  • Login / Logout
  • Account Settings
  • Password Reset
  • Search Engine
  • Brows by category
  • et cetera

Plan it all out on paper, before you just dive in and start building.

Split your project down into modules / chunks and plan each module out one at a time - What is it supposed to do, what is the input, what is the output etc. Modules could include the following:

• Registration
  • Log-in / Logout
  • Account Settings
  • Password Reset
  • Search Engine
  • Brows by category
  • et cetera

Plan it all out on paper, before you just dive in and start building.

It took me a while but I've done it. I don't know a great deal on php so does anyone have any help? or is there someone that I can talk to on AIM or MSN..... about scripting PHP?

If you know little about PHP, buy a book and learn the basics, read the manual, apply your newly gained knowledge when building your project. Come back here and ask specific questions when you encounter specific problems.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.