Will someone ready to an amount for getting support ?

starphp

My company offer support, but this is for sites that we have implemented ourselves. They usually get special rates and pay once the work is done, this is due to a working relationship already being in place.

Depending on the cost you put on work it may be advantegious to take 40% upfront, this will tie in the client, and keep you happy that they're good for the money while the work is undertaken.

For small amounts of work, I'm just updating some site imagery at £50, I'd ask for payment on completion.

No one in their right mind is going to pay you a lot of money to potential maintain their site. I think you need some fresh clients that want new sites, not established systems. Unless they've had an issue with the company that made their site, they're not very likely to go to anyone else for work.

I seriously doubt that anyone would pay you in advance to be a webmaster.  You could look at your local non-profit organizations.  They tend to want to have some sort of web presence, and are willing to pay something, even if it's not the going rate for more professional gigs.

I had a cushy gig for a while being the webmaster for a local historical/cultural center.  I rebuilt their site (it was just a handful of static HTML pages), and would update it from time to time.  They paid surprisingly well, given how little work I actually did.  Then again, the women who ran the place were mostly psychotic, so I figured the extra money was for my pain and suffering in dealing with them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.