cell height random

Q695

I have some cells that will expand, or contract based on user choices, and I was wondering how to have it choose the height on it's own depending on the length required to bunch up all the cell data to be of that height. Think compact text.

Does this make sense???

Can it be done in a TD???

If you have

margin-right:10px

which will give a spacer maybe?

Don't understand what you sort of data you have.  Usually choose a fixed height bigger than the font, then add padding and width set to auto.

e.g

.cell    {
      font-size: 14px;
      height: 20px;
      width: auto;
      padding: 2px;

}

or something like that

If this isnt right, post the data

I have some cells that will expand, or contract based on user choices, and I was wondering how to have it choose the height on it's own depending on the length required to bunch up all the cell data to be of that height. Think compact text.

Does this make sense???

Can it be done in a TD???

Why would you even want to do this? Sounds pretty amateur-like. And no - you'll probably need to use javascript for this.

It's being pulled from a database to allow a user to manipulate their own interfact to some degree, so that people can view it as more user friendly, because someone might want 1 section always open, and someone else might want all the sections always open.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.