Live support website

lynxus

Hi guys,

Could you take a look at this : http://imsupporting.com

Im hoping to offer an easy to use simple website that allows other websites to talk to their visitors and offer support at a much lower cost than the others with hopefully some better simpler services.

Could you let me know what you think?

Anything not showing properly?

Any ideas?

How does it look?

Also if you have IPv6 connectivity, Can you check it loads and works ok?

From my tests, IPv6 appears to be working ok, just need some others to test.

Thanks

G

It's okay, it's a little bland though. The distance between the content boxes varies so it looks quite uneven as well. The navigation looks really squashed. I think the 'how it works' image is a little much for the homepage, could you not create a simpler version?

I'd use divs + css for layout as apposed to tables, and also make it validate. A lot of the content is just images which is really bad for SEO, could you not convert them to text?

Overall not too bad though!

It's okay, it's a little bland though. The distance between the content boxes varies so it looks quite uneven as well. The navigation looks really squashed. I think the 'how it works' image is a little much for the homepage, could you not create a simpler version?

I'd use divs + css for layout as apposed to tables, and also make it validate. A lot of the content is just images which is really bad for SEO, could you not convert them to text?

Overall not too bad though!

Thanks for the input.

I will try my best to change from tables to div and use text rather than images ( so Sengines can crawl better )

I agree with MrAdam, with regards the to the boxes underneath the 'how it works' perhaps make them all with the same width so it looks like three even columns. It is about positioning in this case.

Color wise, reminds me of 'foxtel' alot, orange based, i dont mind that it is a little washed out.

Also make the menu a bit bigger, make it look easier to navigate by spreading them out a bit as well.

And in regards on how to approach the changes recommended by Mr Adam. How much of CSS do you know, DIV's are a way of block mass amount of html code. It's properties can all be adjusted accordingly through CSS. So maybe do a bit of studying up on DIV'sand CSS a lot more before commencing those changes.

With text over images, that would come naturally when you become more at ease to using DIV's and CSS. ^.^

OK,

Ive re-arranged the boxes so they all match sizes ( hopefully )

Ive also added white text above each box so it has some keywords in the html but not visible to the users.

( Ive been playing with divs and css but cant seem to figure out how to keep them all aligned center, IE: i can replicate the page but thats using absolute positions so the page will never be auto center. :( )

Anyway, I understand i shouldnt really use hidden text? nd do it properly. I will eventually get it done correctly. However the end result should still look the same..

Howz it looking now?

Thanks for your input.

Thanks

G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again yall.

Ok ive fixed a few things ( Im still using iamges at the moment as im still clueless how to achieve the same without , but have text above them saying basically what would be said )

Anyway, ( 3 things )

* Ive fixed what i can with validation: from 30+ to just these 6 problems, yay

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imsupporting.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.654

I cant figure out how to fix the rest? any ideas?

* Also, if you like, can you login using guest and pass of guest. Let me know what you think about the interface?

* if anyone has a blog etc relating to my sites audience, do you fancy doing a review? :)

Thanks

Graham

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.