Website to Display Comic

Cetanu

My friend asked me to design a website for him to display a comic I'm drawing for him. I decided to take a new approach to the website, rather than the normal coding. I wanna know what you guys think about the overall look, not the content since the comic's not done and he hasn't told me what to write on the home page.

I'll be happy with any feedback. :)

http://darknesscomic.freezoka.com

Ok, I'll be throw you some suggestions:

1) When I first arrived I noticed a huge drop shadow. I remember when I used to put a drop shadow onto everything, because "it looked cool." Seriously man, drop shadows are far too overused to the point of being tacky. If you're going to use one, use a small subtle drop shadow with less blur.

2) You have HELLO written in unformatted text at the top. It looks out of place.

3) You're using an iframe or a frame or a scrolling div on the gallery. Why not let the body expand?

4) Everything seems a little dark?

5) Maybe find some comic fonts on dafont or urbanfonts?

Thanks.  :D

Anything I could improve on? *Aside from the copyright thing*

S H A R P N E S S

and try not using too much gradients.

Okay thanks!

About the HELLO text: I am designing buttons to put there. XD

I do see a lot of drop shadows, and I liked the look, but I guess they are overused. I'll lighten it up a bit. :D

I'm not using an iframe for the gallery, I'm using a <div style="overflow: auto;">, I'm not sure what you mean by expanding the body. :-\

Thanks for all the criticism. Now I have some stuff to fix. :D

Okay, I've fixed the HELLO! Text and I have modified the main page. I have also added some more design elements/pages, etc.

Lemme know what you think.  :-*

That's probably the first time I saw someone use that smiley on these forums. Was this a mistake?

You shouldn't be using images to display text, only very short text at the most. Your site has absolutley nothing to offer a search engine. With expanding I think he means make it multiple rows, why does it need to be so small? And I agree with others, massive overuse of the shadow edge, same on the new one. Also the color scheme on the new one doesn't fit at all.

You shouldn't be using images to display text, only very short text at the most. Your site has absolutley nothing to offer a search engine. With expanding I think he means make it multiple rows, why does it need to be so small? And I agree with others, massive overuse of the shadow edge, same on the new one. Also the color scheme on the new one doesn't fit at all.

I know image maps take away from Search Engines, that's why I asked the people "Do you want people to find your site through Google or is it personal?" And they said no Google. So...IMAGE MAPS!!!

The new one's color scheme was NOT my choice. It was the person who wants the site; she said that's what she wanted. *shrug*

I still coded the rest of everything and made the home page and extras page with a photo-editing software. It's not like the color scheme is everything, what do you think of functionality; organization; content layout? There are more to sites than just the color scheme that one person likes and the other person doesn't.

Haha, thanks. I drew the penciled ones.  :D

You will be a great designer, don't worry about what people say right now its only to help you. Creativity is more powerful than knowledge" - Einstein

:) Thanks. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.