[SOLVED] php includes, db data and search engines

smerny

How does it work with search engines if you have a page like index.php and other pages included in that depending on $_GET info? and if you have all the <head> information on the index.php page before the includes?

also,

how about information in databases? do search engines easily find that? or is there something you have to do first? for example when i do google searches, i often see wiki pages or yahoo answers or forum topics... i'm guessing all of the information from these is stored in databases

Search engines cannot locate anything you do not link to on your website. If you have 'index.php?page=about', and then 'index.php?page=contact' .. search engines will recognize these as different pages, but you must provide a path to these pages though otherwise they obviously just won't know they exist.

I think you are looking at this wrong. Search engines don't access the database in that sense, only pages containing data. You must have the data somewhere on your site, in a reachable path, for search engines to index it.

i mean like...

SELECT somecontent FROM sometable WHERE ID=$GET['page']

take a query like that and then have php display that content... will a search engine look at that content the same way as if it were coded in plain html and not coming from a db? the same way a web browser does?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.