mysql_fetch_row

slawrence10

$product_orders_options = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "order_option WHERE order_product_id = '" .(int)$product_id. "' AND name = '" . $thedate . "' AND value = '".$product_option_value['product_option_value_id']."'");

echo mysql_num_rows($product_orders_options);

I've tried to do a simple query and then count the results but i'm getting the following error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/32/d126974997/htdocs/kwtables/catalog/model/catalog/product.php on line 205

any idea why the row count isn't working?

Thanks for your time,

Scott

When I see DB_PREFIX I think of a format like this:

kwOC.order_option

DB_PREFIX being the database (DB) and order_option being the table name.  Notice the dot between the database name and the table name.  That's how I would interpret your code.

$product_orders_options = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "order_option WHERE order_product_id = '" .(int)$product_id. "' AND name = '" . $thedate . "' AND value = '".$product_option_value['product_option_value_id']."'");

echo mysql_num_rows($product_orders_options);//look <<<

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/32/d126974997/htdocs/kwtables/catalog/model/catalog/product.php on line 205

sorry that's just me being a retard between trying things and copying the wrong stuff the error is:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/32/d126974997/htdocs/kwtables/catalog/model/catalog/product.php on line 203

so yes my topic is now wrong :/

I'm a bit confused though,

basically I'm editing a controller file within OpenCart

and have just taken the format of the other queries which use $this->db->query

is it maybe because $this->db->query has already been called once in that given function?

Regards,

thanks for your help!

Scott

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.