Critique New Design

phpSensei

Pretty nice, very artistic. Can't give much more feedback at the moment as it's just an image, I think half the talent with a design like that is converting it to mark-up. I do wonder though how another page would look?

May be artistic, but it looks very disjointed.  There is no flow.  The way it is now, the menu appears to be the main content of the page. Everything really needs to be organized better in my opinion. The welcome text looks small and crammed.  You are very limited in all areas.  Most websites should be set to expand fluidly.  This looks like more of a flash desktop type design that I'm really not a big fan of.

May be artistic, but it looks very disjointed.  There is no flow.  The way it is now, the menu appears to be the main content of the page. Everything really needs to be organized better in my opinion. The welcome text looks small and crammed.  You are very limited in all areas.  Most websites should be set to expand fluidly.  This looks like more of a flash desktop type design that I'm really not a big fan of.

Thanks for the reply.

I love criticism because I am a newbie in web design. I have only been designing for 2 months and I am taking in every word of help I get. When i started making the design I had no plans or what the design was really about. I wasn't aiming for such a site that I would be able to code or that it would have a purpose other than just pretty content. This isn't my style of design and I do not like these types of designs either haha. But I am learning every type of design for the future for different clients so hopefully I will get better and improve on the things you mentioned.

Thankyou very much

Pretty nice' date=' very artistic. Can't give much more feedback at the moment as it's just an image, I think half the talent with a design like that is converting it to mark-up. I do wonder though how another page would look?[/quote']

Thank you. Yes I do believe that coding this would be a major pain in the ass with CSS and xHtml...

ahah

but thank yuo

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.