having problems with rounded corners inside rounder corners.. (lol)

talper

hello,

im making a table based site to tabless(well its the same site, but the design will be alittle bit different).

my css knowladge is not very big, but i try to do my best, even if not in the best way possible.

this is what i want to achive:

1_132808017.jpg

where the text at the top is plain text.

i tried to use dl-dt-dd wrapped in a div as they show in a css book(the art&sciense of css), and i though how to do the white inside and thought of doing another div like that inside the blue one dd.

i had alot of troubles and this is what i got:

mozilla:

1_132808041.jpg

IE:

1_132808142.jpg

i really dont know how to do the first picture like it shows, and i would really like your help.

i should have this white top rounded corners inside a blue rounded corners(with the title as shown) and in the white i should write what i want.

thanks.

Will it be fixed width? If so...

<div class="header"><h2>Heading Text</h2></div>

<div class="main">

main stuff...

</div>

<div class="footer"></div>

Trick is, your header is all the rounded stuff at the top. Main doesn't need background images. Use border-right/border-left. Finally the footer, just like the headers, has one bg image with all the rounded corners.

I don't have time to do it for you but those are the basic principles behind a fixed width rounded corner stuff.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.