Eye candy matters!

Adam

I get the feeling that it was used as part of a talk, as I didn't find it immediately obvious what the point of some of the slides were. Was ok though, some of it is common sense, some of it I didn't really agree with. Thanks for sharing.

I agree with what the slides. Indeed, asthetics do matter. I have been to many sites only to walk away upon seeing crappy guis, layouts and cramped content for instance, or walked past a book on the shelf without even giving thought to picking it up because of an atrocious cover (kind of really lends to the expression "Don't judge a book by it's cover", doesn't it?). But we do just that.. judge on appreances on a daily basis.

While not so much business related, how about Ms.butherface over there? Nice body. But her face? Yep, we (as a whole) make snap judgements on appearances, which I suppose costs us on two sides of the coin; we miss out on something potentially good (let's face it, not all good quality is packaged nicely - sadly, sometimes the inverse is true.. crap can actually look good on the surface), and businesses lose out in sales as a result.

In any case, I echo jcomb and waynewex's opinions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.