Retrieving 15 values in descending order starting from last updated? need help

adamrg7

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and its good to see a place to come for help.. I wouldn't say that I am a very experienced php/mysql programmer. I have more experience in c++, and I am just getting my hands dirty with php.. I need a little help retrieving some values, this is what I have so far, which it keeps giving me the same value 15 times for each userid:

for ($counter=0; $counter<$totalAssets; $counter+=1)

{

for($counter2=0; $counter2<=15; $counter2+=1)

{

$longitudes_L = mysql_query("SELECT longitude FROM tbl_transactions where userid= '$assets[$counter]' ORDER BY tid DESC", $mysql_link);

$theresult = mysql_fetch_row($longitudes_L);

$longitudes[$counter][$counter] = $theresult[0];

echo $longitudes[$counter][$counter2];

}

}

Basically what im trying to do is get 15 of the last longitudes posted to the server, and put it into a multi dimensional array where the $longitudes[//THIS IS THE USER ID][//15 LONGITUDES go in here]

Thanks..

-Adam

Sorry, i accidentally posted before i was done the message because i pressed TAB, and hit enter, which hit post.

I modified the code, and there is mysql in there, hopefully you can help me out here with the best way to retrieve this data..

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.