Myo International

gerkintrigg

Good afternoon (depending on where you are).

I was wondering whether you might like to cast an eye over my site (http://www.myointernational.com) and let me know what you think.

I hope the trolls have left... they used to love grunting around this forum.

We noticed that there was one broken link found, but we have no idea where it is located...

Here are my thoughts...

- I think the width of the main content is too marrow.. If going the fixed width direction, I would probably go for 1024px wide... give your content more 'breathing room'.

- While I'm not pinkaphobic, perhaps injecting some more colour into the design?

- I can't say I like the footer's layout.. You have the menu system crunched over on one side, while the corporate location fills the other.. I would consider a more uniform layout that has a nice, centered horizontal menu, with the address centered beneath that.

- I would get into the habit of declaring a background colour (in this case, white) for your html body.. as I have Firefox's background set to light grey, and your site looks wierd as a result (you can test this by typing about:config in your FF url field, and then in the settings, type 'color' in the filter field, select 'browser.display.background_color and entering a value other than white).

- A lot of your homepage graphics are separate images.. this eats up HTTP request/response headers.. I would consider using css sprite sheets instead.- With regards to SEO, I would consider adding some heading tags (<h1>, <h2> etc.)- I would recommend testing your site in Firefox's firebug with yslow installed. You'll find plenty of optimizations that can be had (as you use 29 http requests, and your images could use some optimizations for sure - in fact, your images can lose over 467 kb! with Yahoo's smushit tool (built into yslow)).- Despite the HTML validation W3C button at the bottom, your home page does not validate.

All in all, I think the site does look nice.. just could use some more space (as it does feel cramped) and optimizations (as well as perhaps some footer layout tweaks and more colour overall).

Not a bad idea, but it has a lot to improve on...

- Alignment. align the content into a fixed width (such as 960px) to get it neat. Also align the content and footer to match this, rather than having it all over the place.

- Spacing. This is quite poor I have to say. Consistent spacing is key to a good design. Try looking up grids for website design.

- Typography. You use 'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' for everything. Use one font for your headings and another for body text. Line height for body text should be 1.5 times bigger than the font itself usually to allow for easy reading.

- Colour. The bright pink against the white is quite straining against the eyes, maybe make it a bit darker.

- CSS. You need to fix the CSS validator link for it to actually validate your CSS rather than go to just the validator.

- Again alignment. If you do not align your content (as it is now), and it is uneven and everywhere...users will find it very hard to navigate through the website...which may make them leave.

Just a few tips.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.