#1 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts
  • LocationEverywhere!

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have deployed a network wide Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) to protect our network against malicious activity (at least a good portion of it). Therefore, if you are trying to make posts with code in it that include items such as a SCRIPT tag, you may not be able to post. I know this an inconvenience, but we are going to work together and setup another code dump site on a separate IP that bypasses these types of filters.

Just be careful with the code you post. If you make a post and it takes you to a "Could not Connect" or a blank white screen, you have just triggered the IPS and your connection was blocked.

Regards,

Eric 'phpfreak' Rosebrock
Got LAMP?
http://www.Phpfreaks.com Founder

#2 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:17 AM

how long does our connection get blocked for when such a trigger occurs?  and who would we contact to be removed from the ban list?

just questions that i think will come up, given that this is a programming forum and i'm sure there will be some that miss this message.

#3 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:49 AM

It might not block the connection, but keep it from moving forward, thus requring you to go back and correct whatever you did wrong. That is what I would do, but he may have done it differently.  Eric never ceases to amaze me on his cool tricks.

#4 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts
  • LocationEverywhere!

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

It will block only that connection that has the potential malicious payload. Any future connections that are clean will go through just fine.

Eric 'phpfreak' Rosebrock
Got LAMP?
http://www.Phpfreaks.com Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users