[SOLVED] Traditional Chinese Characters

Adam

Hey everyone. I've never had to use Chinese characters before so this is fairly new ground and I'm a little clueless. Basically at work we're extending multi-lingual support to traditional Chinese, and the content's stored within in a mix of files and databases. Simply pasting the characters into vim doesn't work, and I didn't really expect it to. Could any point me in the right direction as to how you'd work with Chinese characters?

:confused:

Thanks

Adam

Thanks for that, although still having problems. Within vim I've manually set the encoding to UTF-8 using :set encoding=utf-8 .. I've ensured "+multi_byte" was compiled, and I've also changed the 'translation' settings for PuTTY. However still when I try to paste Chinese text into vim, the characters are just appearing broken. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.