[SOLVED] Python program Ideas

So I have to learn Python for my job as a tutor at my college. I know all the basic stuff, and the syntax that goes along with it, and the more advanced stuff I can figure out pretty easily (just have to learn the syntactical rules for it) Does anyone have any ideas for interesting, medium level projects I can do? Or a website with some cool projects? I've always been bad at coming up with ideas...

I was thinking of making a chat program, but I want to do a simpler project before I get into a chat program. I will be using the Tkinter module for a gui, if that makes a difference

The first program I wrote in Python was a simple 'notes' command line program.

Here's the output of its -h call.

thorpe@oblivion ~ $ note -h

Usage: note.py [OPTION]... [NOTE / SEARCH STRING]...

Take a note, or display notes.

-a --add        Add a new note.
-d --del        Delete note(s) specified by note number.
-h --help       This help file.
-s --search     Search notes for a search.

thorpe@oblivion ~ $ 

I still use this program allot (written about 4 years ago) to keep notes on what admin tasks Ive done on servers and stuff. Originally I had it simply writing to a text file, but now days it writes to an sqlite database. Ive also been thinking of building a small server into it so that I can keep all my notes (from all my machines) within one central location.

Just an idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.