GoDaddy Sucks, but there Telephone support was Ok.

Gayner

I never had this problem but apparently godaddy charged my account 9.99$ because they told me I had a invalid whois Information.

So I was like ok so I checked my account details in GoDaddy control panel and everything looked 100% correct... then today they put my domain on Hold. because they said it's invalid and I have to fix my whois information correctly?

The problem is They don't tell me what's wrong with my Whois information in the first place so how do I know on what to change?

In any event, I finally called them, and I talked to a guy named "Maurece" And he was a wonderful nice guy and i Told him about my problem and he checked my whois information and I was like sir, none of my whois information is invalid why did u guys charge me 9.99$ and then lock my domain? He was like oh well did u email them back saying it's all correct and it was just maybe a mistake. I was like no.... I would never email back a company that sends out emails they wont have time to read just mine.

So I guess he told me I had to email (invalidwhois@godaddy.com) them back and So I did... but on the phone with him he says they might not refund my 9.99$ They took it away and it will take 3-5 Business days to get my domain unlocked and Active again...

This pisses me off because I have over 200members online on my forum it was going very active and good, and they pull stuff like this to get 10$ off me? Also the funny thing is all my Whois information is 100% Correct, I re-checked it countless times it's all 100% even the guy on the phone said it was..

This is ridiculous let this company rot in hell, excuse my language

I'm pretty sure that must be illegal without proper notification. I'd check the emails they sent you and make sure there was no instruction at the bottom or anything saying to reply back if this is incorrect. I still wouldn't have thought this would be a legal procedure; what if you were away, sick, or something else and couldn't make it to the computer for a few days?

They send out ICANN notices when you need to check your contact information.  I currently use godaddy for all domain registrations and have used them for hosting.  I never had any real issues with them and their support works pretty quick.  I once had a hosting account auto-renew when I didn't want it to and they quickly refunded my money.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.