Are you patriotic - scale of 1/5, with 5 being the most patriotic  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you patriotic - scale of 1/5, with 5 being the most patriotic

• 1/5
    • 2/5
    • 3/5
    • 4/5
    • 5/5

Since the other thread on religion turned out to be of interest to many of you, I'm just wondering whether you'd consider yourself patriotic towards your respective countries? This may not be as interesting as everyone's religious views, but it'd be interesting to see who is nationalistic or not. I'm not very nationalistic myself. I'm proud to be where I'm from; but I do have my reservations about nationalism for the obvious historical reasons.

I like to see my country do well in International sporting events, but as a country it has a lot of problems especially politcally. But then thats true of post countries. So I guess I'm only really a nationalist when sport is involved. England is just my 'favourite team'. :)

My views reflect cags quite closely (granted, my favorite team isn't 'England' lol). From the Great White North, hockey is our sport, and it's the coolest game on earth (pun intended). So when I learned about the Canada/Russian 1972 summit series and its astonishing outcome, I was beaming with pride; like f$@# ya, our dollar, military and homegrown TV shows may suck, but when it comes to hockey, we freakin' rock!  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.