Activating xml rpc using a php.ini

Hello everybody...

I am frustrated. I am trying to install moodle to a webserver and there is problem after problem. Now moodle asks me to activate the php_extension xml rpc. I did not have a clue what that is, actually I'm not quite smarter now. Still I have to activate it. I asked the support crew of my provider and they told me I can "configurate the server using a php.ini file". Well... That is usefull... But I do not know the value I have to put in the php.ini to enable xml rpc.

Please someone help me  :-\

Regards,

SeeeD  :facepalm:

hmm... That sounds good. There is one problem. I cannot access the actual php.ini of my webserver... My provider only grants me the right to overrule the standart server settings by putting a php.ini in my root folder. So... Isn't there something like:

xml_rpc = on

that would be cool.

If you're running PHP as (Fast)CGI you won't need to restart, but if you're running as an Apache module you have to (but you probably can't on shared hosting).

I would say that your best bet is to convince your host to install that extension, or get a VPS if you have special needs. Shared hosting is rarely very good if you need a custom setup.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.