Search by ASC or DESC

j05hr

I'm trying to make a search form on my website and I want it to search by price in ascending order.  The problem is it doesn't recognize the bigger number in the right way.  I've done this search and this is how it's come back, with a million at the top and then one hundred thousdand? 

I think it does it based on the first letter?

How can I make it so it does it by size?

$searchSQL .= implode(" {$andOr} ", $types) . " ORDER BY `house_price` ASC "; // order by title.

1: 1,000,000

5+

House

2: 100,000

House

3: 200,000

House

4: 300,000

House

You can use the MySQL function Format to add the comma's before displaying. If you want the user to input the value as a string with commas in it simply strip them out by str_replacing ',' with ''. That's assuming mysql won't accept an Integer with them in (which I don't think it will, but I've not tested it).

You can use the MySQL function Format to add the comma's before displaying. If you want the user to input the value as a string with commas in it simply strip them out by str_replacing ',' with ''. That's assuming mysql won't accept an Integer with them in (which I don't think it will, but I've not tested it).

This is the way to go.  Integer will not allow commas (it strips anything after). 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.