a couple of web-widgets

kthomp53

I have developed a couple of web widgets and I was wondering if I could get some input/opinions..

event_calendar->

calendar.circalink.com

administrate: calendar.circalink.com/event_calendar/EVENT_ADMIN.php  (admin1/password)

-AND-

simple_chat->

chat.circalink.com

Thanks in advance!

HA, that's great! My members at eInformationOrganizer.com have been bugging the crap out of me to get around to making a visual calendar like that, but i just don't have the time (so they get to use date strings intead :D). I'm glad to see that someone did this. It looks good and functions properly, and seems lightweight. Well done :D.

Calendar:

From the user side it all looks decent, if only a little slow to display/hide an event. I imagine something so large though wouldn't have much use in your average web site? Generally you see a small (say 300px by 200px) little calendar on the home page or something. Can this condense at all? One more thing is the ability to link another person to an event / month or something; this could also be tied in with none-JS support.

The admin side of it it's a little basic in comparison. Why does it tell me at the side of each input the default value, instead of actually just making that the default value? Why is there no "preview" link, or at least link back to the calendar for checking an added event?

Chat room:

Not much to critique. Functionality wise it all seems to work - though I'd say it's lacking in features. The design's very basic but I assume this just to be a kind of prototype?

Well, there is a mini calendar but you dont see that in the preview.

There is also a blurb display (like a list of upcoming events) that is included... I guess I should include that in the preview.

This is the first versions of both.. So I will eventually add the other features that you were talking about.. I really thank you for the pointers!  Nice tips!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.