Real time shell output

razta

Hi,

Currently I am echoing the output of a system() call after the command has terminated, is there any way for PHP to echo the output in real time rather than wait for the command to finish?

Here is what I am currently using:

echo '<pre>';
$scriptOutput = system($command, $retval);
echo '</pre>';

Thank you in advance.

Hrmmm, I don't think it's possible since system() returns all of the information at the same time.  I don't think output buffering will make it real time, although it will make it be done right after the system() call (unless the webserver buffers, or the browser buffers).

Thanks for the replys. I will have a look into buffering and see if that fixes my problem.

Another quick question I have is would it be possible to send a command to a shell and then disconnect it from PHP? When I currently run a command my PHP page continualy loads until the command has finished, is there a way jut to send the command and not have PHP continuesly loading?

Thanks again!  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.