What type of forum software should i use??

svgmx5

I have a website and i want to add a forum to it. However i currently have membership logins on my website and i want them to be able to access the forum and post topics without having to re-login into the forum system.

In other words i want their session to transfer over to the forum.

Does anyone have any ides of forum software that i can use and that i can implement that action?

You will have to create your own hack to the forum you choose to allow for that. There is no forum software that I am aware of that you can just plugin to your current user account system and it will work.

So any type of forum software will work, but you probably wanna go with a simpler forum than a more advanced forum as it would be easier to incorporate your current system into, but you will still have to modify it to get it to work.

been a couple years but i coulda swore phpbb has a script for integrating forum stuff with main site stuff...

I've done this before, but usually it's done the other way around: You have the forum already setup and you want their forum accounts to also work on the main website as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.