Still working on it!

corrupshun

:(

Sorry, but I can't lie to you. I think one thing you should do is go around the internet and look for websites that inspire you, then see how they did what they did. I'm not saying to rip off somebody's design, but perhaps if you look at a few sites, and consider things like their menus, footer, banner area, etc., you will be able to use what you like most and create something really cool.

:(

Sorry, but I can't lie to you. I think one thing you should do is go around the internet and look for websites that inspire you, then see how they did what they did. I'm not saying to rip off somebody's design, but perhaps if you look at a few sites, and consider things like their menus, footer, banner area, etc., you will be able to use what you like most and create something really cool.

k :)

There is not point trying to be a designer and being a backend programmer of the site, just go to www.themeforest.net and get a template for $10.

Well, designing websites isn't hard, but rather getting ideas for it is hard. Coding isn't like that (php)

I like to do both so I'll just continue to work on both :)

I hate not knowing every piece of code that is running on my website.

There is not point trying to be a designer and being a backend programmer of the site, just go to www.themeforest.net and get a template for $10.

Well, designing websites isn't hard, but rather getting ideas for it is hard. Coding isn't like that (php)

You probably cannot  be a expert in both areas becuase of time. You have to pick one, focus your attention at that. The more things you try to expert at the more you divide your attention and time, becoming less of an expert at any given area.

In team projects everyone is an expert at one thing, and it all comes to together, it can be hard being a solo developer and trying to wear all the hats, buying a template is the easiest way to least lay to rest one of those hats. It might take you awhile to realize this, but its true. :)

You probably cannot  be a expert in both areas becuase of time. You have to pick one, focus your attention at that. The more things you try to expert at the more you divide your attention and time, becoming less of an expert at any given area.

In team projects everyone is an expert at one thing, and it all comes to together, it can be hard being a solo developer and trying to wear all the hats, buying a template is the easiest way to least lay to rest one of those hats. It might take you awhile to realize this, but its true. :)

I'm 16, i'm not trying to make money just yet, i'm doing all this for fun :)

But yeah, eventually i'll prolly end up being a programmer

Okay first of all i dont disagree with them about the bad design but if im not mistaken this section is for website critique and not for discussing work dividing or other such things.

As for the site i found the design to be bland i would recommend reconsidering the layout(identical links on both sides) and the looks of a lot of it for example maybe adding some depth or maybe a different font to the links which to me look vary standard and boring. also maybe giving the game a little more breathing room would help, also(kind of goes with layout) i would change some of the alignment so its not all centered

Okay first of all i dont disagree with them about the bad design but if im not mistaken this section is for website critique and not for discussing work dividing or other such things.

As for the site i found the design to be bland i would recommend reconsidering the layout(identical links on both sides) and the looks of a lot of it for example maybe adding some depth or maybe a different font to the links which to me look vary standard and boring. also maybe giving the game a little more breathing room would help, also(kind of goes with layout) i would change some of the alignment so its not all centered

-Thanks for the response! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.