Can Someone Help Me Please?

byronwells

Alright Guys

I am having major problems..  And I have stumped..

I have create this php page from stratch see here: http://www.supreme-host.com/web/categories.php

I have now transfer it other to my php membership script http://digitalresellersvault.com/marketplace.php but

I have just moved the php, stylesheet and images over to a template folder within the script.  And told the script to read that file instead..  Which works fine...

However for some reason when you add a header image in the admin area of the script to appear on all page, a white gaps appears between the navbar and header...

How do I get rid of it?  I have been told many things, and nothing seems to work...  This is really annoying

I'd rather not.

But that at least pinpoints your problem. If you want to target IE specifically, you can use conditional comments (google it) to add code that will only affect IE.

Either that, or you can try to adjust your code to work cross-browser. Where the problem often arises is that IE and all non IE browsers calculate the height and widths of elements differently. In IE, the width of an element is calculated by the elements width plus side paddings plus border. In all other browsers, the width is calculated by the elements width, and side paddings/borders are separate. Height works the same, just change side paddings for top/bottom paddings.

The way to fix this is to never apply side-paddings or borders to an element with a defined width, and to never apply top/bottom paddings or borders to an element with a defined height. What you do instead is have a container element that has a defined height or width, then an inner element to which you set your paddings and borders.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.