What should I upgrade next?

Garethp

Ok, so basically I'm a 17 year old with no idea what to buy next. I mean, I want to earn money, but what's the point if you don't have anything to spend it on, right? I'm not planning on moving out of home for another year or so, so I'm basically spending money on my computer. Because I can. Here's the specs of my PC, and I'm wondering what to upgrade next. I'm a bit stuck because this is the first time I've had a computer where everything is good. I started with a PC that couldn't even play BF 1942 on decent quality, so over the last couple years I've upgraded bit by bit, now I'm lost on what to upgrade next

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (3.10GHz)

4.00GB DDR2 RAM

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-Bit Version

Nvidia 260 Extreme+

2.1 Speakers (Pretty decent quality)

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Microsoft Wireless Mouse (I don't notice any lag when I use wireless mice)

24" Viewsonic FullHD 1080p Monitor

Gigabyte MA770 US-3 Motherboard (Built in Gigabit LAN)

700 Wat Power Supply

My budget is around $200 to $250 so I'm tossing up between

Logitech G19 Keyboard

Logitech G9x Gaming Mouse

A new set of speakers

Or saving up for a long time to get a 42" TV to play games on in my bedroom.

What's your opinion?

I want to earn money, but what's the point if you don't have anything to spend it on, right?

Saving! Until you have build up such a great amount you can life of the yearly intrest ;)

Yes, but what are you saving towards? If you have everything you need and want, why do you need money? That's why I always look for something to upgrade, it gives me a reason to earn money

I want to earn money, but what's the point if you don't have anything to spend it on, right?

Saving! Until you have build up such a great amount you can life of the yearly intrest ;)

Yes, but what are you saving towards? If you have everything you need and want, why do you need money? That's why I always look for something to upgrade, it gives me a reason to earn money

Wait until you start paying bills, you'll see why.  ;)

Wait until you start paying bills, you'll see why.  ;)

Bills? This word is foriegn to my 17 year old mind. If it can't be solved by a gun in GTA, it doesn't exist!

I would save for the 42".  Because by the time you get your TV, most of what you have will be obsolete, but everyone wants a 42" TV.

I'm not just talking about your computer here, I'm talking along the lines of how much your computer is worth.  If times were to get tough and you were stuck with a 42" and that monster of a machine you got..I'd say you could get a good bit of money for it... much more than you would for speakers.

I would also iinvest in an HDMI to DVI cable...

I honestly have no idea which to get, I don't know much about speakers

Choices, Choices and more choices.. Why is life so hard?!?

If it can't be solved by a gun in GTA, it doesn't exist!

Try that at the checkout ;) And see if you afterwards find a safe house to hide from the cops :D And once in jail hope "The Family" wants to bust you out!

So here's where I am at so far:

Pros

The G19 has two USB 2.0 Ports on the front, with a lovely LCD Screen to display game information and other stuff

The G9x is a much more comfortable mouse, with quick DPI changing, profiles, better scrolling and more accurate overall

The G35 has 5.1 Surround Sound

Cons

I already have keyboard. The only upgrade will be bigger screen, and the screen will be color, and the layout will look better, the ports will be USB 2.0 instad of 1.1 and I'll have more macro keys

I already have a mouse that works well...

My speakers aren't something that I'm eager to get rid of

I think I might get the headphones first, then the keyboard, then the mouse?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.