Germany issues official warning: No IE...

nrg_alpha

Consider this…if it is a large enough problem to hack Google, your site is not safe.

I'm afraid if someone is stupid enough to be running non-server software on their server (Eg. IE) then its ultimately their fault and not IEs (Still IEs fault for being exploitable, but not for a server being hacked). Maybe I'm hosting my server wrong because I do not have IE or any browser in that case running. So lets say this hack problem can hack my personal computer. Okay so I lost my personal computer but how in the world is having an IE exploit going to somehow magically transfer from my personal computer to my server computer when it doesn't even have IE installed?

I suppose the IE exploit could install a hacking device on my personal computer and then my personal computer hacks my server computer, but thats still saying my server was insecure in the first place to be hacked, not the IE exploit.

I honestly don't understand how google got hacked. So like people are all using IE in Google HQ and every single computer is connected to the google server?

[ot]My personal stance is: Do not use IE. Ever (well, except for maybe testing purposes).[/ot]

IE is there to download firefox you know.

This whole world vs IE thing is .. just strange, It's like the world's powers have become so bored they wish to tackle IE out of IE's creator's OS? :shy:

And "Consider this…if it is a large enough problem to hack Google, your site is not safe."

Maybe i'll bring down their internet security branch with Lynx and see how that plays out, Linux's rep will be fucked!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.