Download speed from your country

Mindaugas

Hello  ;)

Does anyone lives in spain ? :D

I want to ask, when I was living in lithuania, i was downloading movies, songs, games etc.. from torrent site of my country. And it was going fast.

Now I am in Spain, and have internet 6mb , when I am downloading stuff from same Lithuanian site, speed is really slow .. But i can`t find any spain servers or torrent sites where i can download something...

Only one site where I could download soft and choose Spain server, and really, speed is more than 2mb/s , but not from other sites.

So QUESTION, where peoples who lives in Spain is downloading something ?

maybe you are not from spain but know ? please share with me :P

Thx ;)

I'm sure .it torrent search engines will list localized torrents, Remember, You are downloading from random peers/seeds, which can be near you or thousands of miles away, speed may also be affected by the ISP/server filtering that is possibly performed and general infrastructure performance. I'm sure localized sites will have atleast a few local peers.

thanks , now i`m loooking for free torrent downloads from spain :)

Well i don`t care it`s torrent of HTTP download, i want it faster, understand me, 30kb/s isn`t a normal speed when i`m paying for internet...

Some people (such as off of google data centers) have over 100MiB/second throughput, but it does not mean it will download at that speed. Your 6MB/s could be throttled down, or the clients may not be able to even put more than 30KB/s out.

I'm not sure your understand how torrents work. I doubt there's really such thing as a 'Spanish Torrent', as oni-kun mentioned torrents aren't exactly localised they work on a massive Peer network. The closest to getting a 'Spanish Torrent' would probably be to get one with a Tracker hosted in Spain, but this will not ensure you get a better connection as the tracker itself doesn't hold information, only a list of connected clients. Your also unlikely to find one since Trackers are generally hosted in countries with either no, or very lax copyright laws. The thing that would increase you speed is having more Seeds who are hosting from Spain, if that's not happening it's well outside your control. As far as finding a Spanish site for downloading torrent files themselves there perhaps aren't many such things, but since a torrent itself is only a few KB in size, it hardly matters if you are downloading it from Spain, Australia or the USA even at 30Kb/s you are going to have the file in seconds/milliseconds.

but since a torrent itself is only a few KB in size, it hardly matters if you are downloading it from Spain, Australia or the USA even at 30Kb/s you are going to have the file in seconds/milliseconds.

After the tracker, hash and seed list is retrieved, then the real 'slow' speed comes in, torrents are generally fast to download, he meant to peer-to-peer off the seeds.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.