Need to Develop New Website From Old

Xtremer360

Hi all. Its been a while since I'm posted in the forums. I have a website that I want to come up with a whole new design for and was seeking out some guidence and wanted to know what ideas I could get from other people. The current website I am using is:

http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com

It is a professional wrestling company I own here in the state of Kansas and is trying to get themed like the old western days of the outlaws and sherrifs and saloons. I'm sure you get the point I'm trying to make. And with those few ideas I'd like to come up with a nice layout for it with those ideas implemented into the new website. I have some ideas for the other parts of the website but blank on some ideas I could use for the home page. I do have a list of things that I want to put on the homepage and they are as follows:

Footer: Copyright Info of the company

Poll

Upcoming Events List

News Headlines

Header: Navigation bar, Company Logo (banner)

Above the header have a sign in for users to access certain parts of the website other than guests

Superstar of the month

Countdown to the next event

Affiliates

Did You Know: Something small about the company or a superstar

Any ideas on what I should do with the layout or background of the homepage?

That doesn't help me with trying to come up with a new design but thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, that was VERY good advice. You asked for critque and he gave it to you. Splash pages are a hundred no-no. You have broken the first rule of proper web site design.

That doesn't help me with trying to come up with a new design but thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, that was VERY good advice. You asked for critque and he gave it to you. Splash pages are a hundred no-no. You have broken the first rule of proper web site design.

Actually I didn't ask for critique for my existing site. All I wanted was ideas for and old time design ideas and ignace found a good one for me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.