IRC Complaint!!

I was telling a joke on the irc (#chat section) and I got sent off. Did somebody think my joke was real? This is what I basically said.

My computer is smoking so what do I do?

I was told my cpu was good for cooking my waffles.

It is just an old joke like when my wife put here credit card in the floppy drive to make a payment.

So from that quote what did I do wrong that got me bumped off?

Are you sure you got kicked, or perhaps got disconnected due to server or connection error?

[added]

Another possibility is our channel bot kicked you automatically for flooding (if you posted several lines of text within short amount of time).

The conversation went as so:

10:40 -!- cwarn23 [cwarn23@CPE-124-186-239-12.lns8.woo.bigpond.net.au] has joined #chat

10:40 < cwarn23> Any1 there

10:41 <@Kris> No

10:41 < cwarn23> My computer is smoking what do I do?

10:41 <@Kris> Take a hit?

10:41 < Cags> lmao

10:42 < cwarn23> Wad does imao mean?

10:42 < Cags> yer, ask for twosies

10:42 < Cags> I have no idea

10:42 < cwarn23> I was told my cpu would be good for cookie waffles but I guess my waffles are now ready.

10:42 < cwarn23> cooking*

10:43 < Cags> it's overheating, smoke is very bad, turn it off, get a better heatsinc and hope it's not already screwed

10:43 < cwarn23> It's an old just like my wife put her credit card in the floppy drive.

10:43 < cwarn23> To make a payment...

10:43 -!- cwarn23 was kicked from #chat by Kris [Troll somewhere else]

what did I do wrong that got me bumped off?

You were kicked for trolling the channel. Good work.

You connected to the server, asked if anybody was about, once you'd established there were people there you said your computer was smoking, which Kris made a joke about. You then posted your so called 'jokes', but as with all things, jokes have to be taken in context. They were essentially all you posted, you didn't even say hello or anything. Kris perceived this as trolling and kicked you for it. It was a simple kick not a ban, there was nothing stopping you coming straight back in and saying 'hey, wtf, I was only kidding man'. The fact is we DO get idiots come into the server and just spam it with nothing but that sort of message that has no real value in itself.

It's a chat room, by all means we expect/encourage joking between member, but it's not  a comedy club, we don't expect people to just come in and throw out one liners. It wasn't a personal attack, it was simply annoyance caused by the trollers we do get.

Ok then. That's understandable. Next time I will be a bit more careful with my jokes.

You connected to the server, asked if anybody was about, once you'd established there were people there you said your computer was smoking, which Kris made a joke about. You then posted your so called 'jokes', but as with all things, jokes have to be taken in context. They were essentially all you posted, you didn't even say hello or anything. Kris perceived this as trolling and kicked you for it. It was a simple kick not a ban, there was nothing stopping you coming straight back in and saying 'hey, wtf, I was only kidding man'. The fact is we DO get idiots come into the server and just spam it with nothing but that sort of message that has no real value in itself.

It's a chat room, by all means we expect/encourage joking between member, but it's not  a comedy club, we don't expect people to just come in and throw out one liners. It wasn't a personal attack, it was simply annoyance caused by the trollers we do get.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.