creating a file on user computer

rahuul

thanks for ur comment

I just want to creat a system that alow user to register for one computer and

then he can login using that computer only.......

pls help,  is their any other way.....

Browsers do not support writing data to the local machine, other than cookies.  There are plugin specific ways around this, but in each case it requires that the user install a plugin.  I don't know how serious you are about this, or what sort of impetus users would have to use your site, but the most viable way of doing this, and actually expecting it to work is to use flash, since flash can read/write files. 

You could of course also use a cookie, but people routinely delete their cookies, and once that happened, a person who was "registered" would not be able to ever login again, because the file they needed would be gone.

I'm not sure why this is important to you, in fact it sounds like a bad idea to me, but without a better explanation of why this "feature" is desired, there's not much else that can be suggested.

thanks for your reply

the site will work for MNC as admittance machine. User will login into the system from their workstation.

and to check if he really have logined for his office system i need something like explained above.

or can i track computer MAC ID

pls advice

Ok, so this is much more promising given the information.  Is this an intranet application?  From the sound of it, you could simply use $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. 

You can get a Mac Id, but that would require javascript calling activex which will only work on IE. 

It sounds like you are creating this for users of a company?

If the users and the application are installed on the same internal network, you can make the application internal use only by adding the following to your apache configuration:

<VirtualHost ...>
  # vhost stuff
  <Directory ...>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from 192.168 127.0.0.1
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

That will tell apache to only serve requests coming from localhost or the network 192.168.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.