laptop battery charging issue.

xcoderx

friends my one laptop battery do not chage at all so i thought battery got bad and bought a new battery but it seems that even the new one dnt charge even though the ac power is on but yes i got some problem with the adapter pin its kinda loose have to keep touvhing. i just want to know if there is anyways to know if the battery is ok? coz the guy from the shop said they said the problem must be with the connector or what u call it where u insert the adapter pin. guide someone please

i did get a new adapter too today but even that is loose bcoz i kept touching the pin to stable it coz it is loose and power do not come. but very disapointing my laptop came all the way from US and finding the new battery for this model was also hard after months of ordering i got the new one now this happens. it seems if they replace the pin connector of the adapter it would be fixed but im having doubt as its not authorised toshiba service center and guess there isnt one here.

does it mean that my old battery is not actually dead but bcoz of this pin reason it stopped to charge?

I really haven't got a clue what you are on about with pins, etc. If there is a bad connection then this is obviously your issue. The AC should plug straight into the back of the laptop, correct? If you get a light on the laptop then you have power, all good. This will also charge the battery when it is connected into the laptop. You should also get a light or a different colour light i.e. red when the battery is charging. If the battery is not properly connected it will not charge. If the battery is not connected your laptop would not work without the AC power.

If this is a new laptop then get it sent back to Toshiba.

hey mates i guess the right word is jack? i do not know how to explain it well. ok ill try again. the pin from the adapter which u insert into the laptop right? ok that is what loose. when i insert that pin in the power do not show till i keep adjustong it to a right position. up down left right, and my laptop warranty expired already but since it is genuoine i do not wish to give to to people to disamble it coz here all thugs they might take away good parts. i just dnt undrstand wht to do exactlt. y new battery and adapter none worked :-(

Note: do at your own risk.

I figured the first paragraph was clear enough :P

Disclaimer: I’ve made these instructions only for people experienced with soldering and repairing computers. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this job, please do not open the laptop or you can permanently damage your computer. Take your laptop to a professional repair shop instead.

Use this repair guide at your own risk.

Well if your only options are

1. You fix it

2. Someone else fixes it

3. it gets replaced

and #3 is a nono, you'll either have to trust someone to take care of it, a friend maybe, or use the internet to learn how to do it yourself.

I learned soldering on a little plug and play game board, it gets fairly easy, and the supplies are only like $20. Just try removing the capacitors over and over.

The jack typically only is 3 little pins, so it isn't a terrible fix.

As far as disassembly goes, there are tons of general guides, and maybe a specific one. I usually just push the screws into cardboard, with a number by them, and keep a piece of paper with my notes about that piece. As long as you can be patient it is kiddy stuff.

Good luck with #1 or #2 :P

Or I guess u could just sell it on ebay or something and use the money towards a new laptop :]

Note: do at your own risk.

I figured the first paragraph was clear enough :P

Disclaimer: I’ve made these instructions only for people experienced with soldering and repairing computers. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this job, please do not open the laptop or you can permanently damage your computer. Take your laptop to a professional repair shop instead.

Use this repair guide at your own risk.

Well, you know how people tend to skip over it unless its told to them billions of times and then they might get the hint. ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.