Help with php script

richarro1234

Hey there,

im trying to find a PHP script where i can scan an image of a barcode and have it show up the number from the barcode, i have found one so far, but there is no download for it.

Does anyone know where i can find such a script or does anyone know how to code such a script that i can use on my website.

Thanks

Rich

this is the one i found:

http://www.mperfect.net/barCode/

scroll down to where it says "web interface" upload any image of a barcode and it will show the numbers from it, so there is one somewhere, but this one doesnt have a download section or anything where i can get this script.

I doubt they'd release a script they developed theirselves, It most likely uses GD for OCR or comparative analysis on the numbers once the strip is extracted. I don't think anyone  in paticular would write something for this to be released.

If you are on a Linux Host, Linux has a few barcode applications, if on Debian, search Aptitude Package Manager for BarCode. Should have a few for reading / creating them and you should be able to call it via command line using system.

I have never done this, just expressing a way that a PHP script could (the only way that I know of) do it. But as far as PHP doing it on it's own, I do not know of any way other then accessing a thridparty application via system.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.