Using AT commands in PHP

I don't know if there is anyone who tried this.

I need to get sms messages from a mobile phone and i'll be using AT commands (from hyperterminal in windows)

My problem is that i need to either access hyperterminal via command prompt; a connection can be open but i don't know how to input commands and get the response. Or else access hyperterminal directly from PHP which will be fabulous.

Anyone could give me some help please ? I've searched a lot but i didn't find any help anywhere, because it seems that either not a lot of people tried it, or else its a bit more complicated than the usual normal stuff.

Yes, i know how to use exec, passthru etc...

My actual question is if there's some kind of object in PHP which handles hyperterminal connections,

or else if hyperterminal is available to use from command prompt and therefore i'll be able to use it from PHP by using  exec functions.

Why don't you try checking within the cmd environment to see if there is actually a command line interface to hyper terminal?

I'm not a windows user and don't really know what athe hyper terminal is / does.

If I understand your question; you are trying to use AT commands to talk to a modem on a COM port.  You don't need to use hyperterminal for this.  It's just another layer of complication.  Look at PHP's Direct IO extensions (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/book.dio.php).  You should be able to open, read, and write a COM port directly.

I've never done this in PHP either.  But I would think it could be done.

Hi,

Yes that's exactly what i'm trying to do, i thought that there must be some kind of solution.

I was currently searching for using hyperterminal from cmd but this is a much better solution if it works.

Thanks a lot mate, i really appreciate it ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.