Using class called within a function of an extended class problem

Roaches

I'm trying to initialize a class within a function that is inside a class and use that class within an extended class, but having a problem with the extended class not being able to find it.  Not the exact code I'm using, but same structure:

class A {
function test() {
	$this->class = new class;
}
}

class B extends A {
function B() {
	$this->class2 = new C;
}
}

class C extends B {
function C() {
	$this->class->function();
}
}

But I get a "Call to a member function function() on a non-object" error.

It works if I do this, but I would prefer not to have to do it if I don't have do:

class C extends B {
function C() {
	global $a;

$a->class->function();
}
}

You really need to have another look at how relationships work. Your code really doesn't make allot of sense.

I just realized that I forgot to add the fact that the test function inside of class A was called prior to class C being initialized, so it wasn't trying to pull the class out of a function that wasn't even called.  Sorry about that.

$this->class = new class

what does this mean?  What are you expecting it to do?

Assign class "class" to $this->class variable, which is does do, accessing it with $this through a child class after that function has been called is the problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.