php that stops executing after 2 hours

MidOhioIT

I have a newsletter system that is coded with php to mysql.  It is trying to do almost 60,000 emails.  Everything works fine except at around 2,000 emails which is around 2-3 hours worth of processing the script always seems to stop running.  is there a setting or a command that I can run to keep it running until the end?  I can provide the code if needed but thought maybe it is a simple comand i can just insert (i hope)

put

set_time_limit(0);

at the top of the script. To be honest you would be better queueing these up in a mysql table and sending them in small batches every so many minutes (say 200 every 15 minutes) and help spread the load over time - That plus you can have the same script running multiple times. By your current guesses the 60000 could last between 60 to 90 hours, which is madness to be honest

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.