Hardware issue: monitor colors are slightly off

gwolgamott

I'm using a dual monitor setup at work, with nvidia 6200 w/dual vga output on the card, monitors are both acer v173 (both were new, with exception of using the one just 2 months before I talked them into getting me a second monitor) Now I've re-calibrated both, tried adjusting them to match but no luck. The right one seems be a little yellowish while the left one seems to be too bright and bluish... It's not a big issue but driving me nuts. Anyone know if there is something I can try to match them? I've tried playing with the settings and it seems to only agrivate me since I can't seem to match them.

One of the ports is VGA and the other is DVI-I so I guess you are using a converter on the second. Have you tried testing both monitors on the normal VGA output one at a time to see if the display is identical? Now do the same with the DVI-I connection (setup as primary display first). If they differ then it could be a simple converter or cable issue. If the monitors differ on the same output then it is the monitor settings or a faulty monitor.

Sorry, meant to say that it's a dual VGA  as in having two vga ports, there is no dvi port. So there is no converter. But on further investigation realized that one monitor was made almost a year earlier so it was in storage someplace for sometime, haven't had time to check the vga cables & climb under the desk to play with switching them around. But I'll try that when I have time next.

And please remember, there will always be slight variations in color on monitors. As much as manufactures try to get rid of this, there will always be some differences. I've used the spyder pro before, which tweaks the colors off your graphics cards before it sends it out (although when I did used it, it was not dual monitor friendly.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.