The Webhost Thread

TeddyKiller

Webhosts. Fascinating subject.

There are many webhosts around, many good, many bad.

Chat about webhosts!

• What webhosts do you use and why?
  • What webhosts would you actually recommend to others?
  • Which webhosts do you hate, like, and why?
  • And whatever else you like to say :)

I have used Hosting24, I actually hate these. I tried to cancel my site once, and they said "Sorry we only do cancellations ever tuesday" I was like.. WHAT!? I now use Hostgator, I've read alot of good things about these.. yet I've heard some bad things. I don't know what to go with? I'm considering changing host soon and head up on an VPS though I don't know which webhost I should switch to.

I know, it's already been done once. Although it's slightly limitted to what its about. Its more or less a list. This thread doesn't need a list, it's simply the good, bad, giberish about all webhosts. :)

The OP of that thread is the only real accumulative list.  The rest are just posts of people's lists.  Although it hasn't been updated it quite awhile.  The reason you don't start another thread about the same thing another thread having 2 or more pages is:.. Well, it's a hot topic.  People have contributed to it and in doing that have essentially "subscribed" to it.  By starting another one you have a paradox of Webhost discussion.  Then comes the question to the regular user.. "Which one is better?"  They'll choose the newer of course leaving all the former people out in the cold when they check their new replies... just hoping to see a new webhost review on the list.

There's nothing wrong with talking about the topic on hand in ... the actual topic.  So I'll lock this for now and if you really want to review a webhost... go here

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,117475.0.html