Member sessoin problem? Please Help!!

decneo

i can sigup to my local site but when i've tried to login it appears sth like this

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:1) in D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php on line 19

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:1) in D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php on line 22

here is my php code :

<?
$user_login=$_POST[user_login];
$pass_login=$_POST[pass_login];

if ($user_login=="" or $pass_login=="") {
echo "<h3>ERROR : ກະລຸນາກຼອກຂໍ້ມູນໃຫ້ຄົບຖ້ວນ <h3>"; exit();
}
include "connect.php";
$connect=mysql_connect("$hostname_connect","$username_connect","$password_connect")or die("cannot connect");
mysql_select_db("$database_connect",$connect)or die("cannot select DB");
$sql="select * from tb_member where username='$user_login' and password='$pass_login'";
$result=mysql_query($sql);
$num=mysql_num_rows($result);
mysql_close();

if($num<=0) {
echo "<h3>ERROR : Username ຫຼື Password ບໍ່ຖືກຕ້ອງ</h3>";
} else {
         session_start();
$_SESSION[sess_userid]=session_id();
$_SESSION[sess_username]=$user_login;
header("Location: main.php");
}
?>

best regards,

koko

Both session_start() and header() need to be executed before any content is output (such as echo and anything outside <?)  Just assign a $error variable what you want output and output it after you execute session_start or header()  (although no one can read what your page prints, if the browser is changing locations.  Also after your header(redirect) put an

exit;

Both session_start() and header() need to be executed before any content is output (such as echo and anything outside <?)  Just assign a $error variable what you want output and output it after you execute session_start or header()  (although no one can read what your page prints, if the browser is changing locations.  Also after your header(redirect) put an

exit;

it still have the same result  :'(

Why not start the session at the beginning? You clearly are outputting something (Maybe even something as simple as a newline or space before <?) that will prevent it from sending.

And please use real php tags, <?php

Why not start the session at the beginning? You clearly are outputting something (Maybe even something as simple as a newline or space before <?) that will prevent it from sending.

And please use real php tags, <?php

ok,i've changed but i got this

session_start();
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:2) in D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php on line 22

here is my new code :

session_start();
<?php
$user_login=$_POST[user_login];
$pass_login=$_POST[pass_login];

if ($user_login=="" or $pass_login=="") {
echo "<h3>ERROR : ກະລຸນາກຼອກຂໍ້ມູນໃຫ້ຄົບຖ້ວນ <h3>"; exit();
}
include "connect.php";
$connect=mysql_connect("$hostname_connect","$username_connect","$password_connect")or die("cannot connect");
mysql_select_db("$database_connect",$connect)or die("cannot select DB");
$sql="select * from tb_member where username='$user_login' and password='$pass_login'";
$result=mysql_query($sql);
$num=mysql_num_rows($result);
mysql_close();

if($num<=0) {
echo "<h3>ERROR : Username ຫຼື Password ບໍ່ຖືກຕ້ອງ</h3>";
} else {
$_SESSION[sess_userid]=session_id();
$_SESSION[sess_username]=$user_login;
header("Location: main.php");
exit;
}
?>

regards,

Decneo

<?php

session_start();

ok,but still have this :

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:1) in D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:1) in D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php on line 22

please help me to figure my problem out

best regards,

Decneo

Try deleting EVERYTHING above the session_start line by putting your cursor on the s and pressing backspace until you are sure there is nothing before the s and then try typing in <?php

and press enter.

Also, try opening the file in a different editor, it might be something wrong with the editor.

Try deleting EVERYTHING above the session_start line by putting your cursor on the s and pressing backspace until you are sure there is nothing before the s and then try typing in <?php

and press enter.

Also, try opening the file in a different editor, it might be something wrong with the editor.

i did like you told me bro but got the same problem i use dreaweaver for my editor and also try notepad.

best regards,

Decneo

output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:1 (line 1)

You either have some character(s) in the file before the <?php tag or your file has been saved as a UTF-8 encoded file and the BOM (Byte Order Mark) characters that your editor placed at the start of the file is the output that is occurring on line 1.

The solution is simple. Check if there are any character(s) before the <?php tag and delete them or save your file as a UTF-8 encode file without the BOM or save it as an ANSI encoded file.

found this on a post:

100% working solution

Step one :- Search & Open PHI.INI

Step Two:- Search session.cache_limiter

Step three:- put " public " in front of session.cache_limiter

session.cache_limiter =public

Thats it .

http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10310794

i've changed it but still have the same problem, i'll rewrote the file maybe it will work  :) thankyou bro .

Best regards,

Decneo

output started at D:\AppServ\www\koko\userlogin\chkmember.php:1 (line 1)

You either have some character(s) in the file before the <?php tag or your file has been saved as a UTF-8 encoded file and the BOM (Byte Order Mark) characters that your editor placed at the start of the file is the output that is occurring on line 1.

The solution is simple. Check if there are any character(s) before the <?php tag and delete them or save your file as a UTF-8 encode file without the BOM or save it as an ANSI encoded file.

ok,it works  :D save as ANSI file thank you very much Big brother. 100/100  :P

best regards,

Decneo

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.