Help me about speakers?

Rommeo

Once i was using normal mid-size speakers which are nice. i dont know the brand name of it but it's "?? series 550w"(1+1) . Then i moved and bought a nice brands desktop speaker system with subwoofer. (2+1)..which is the worst speakers i have ever seen. The problem is, the sound is too noisy. The satallites have too much treble, even you play with the bass of subwoofer. its really disgusting for ears...

the details of my current speaker which is disgusting is as follows (2+1)

satallites : 5 watts RMS ( 2 channel)

subwoofer power : 11 watt RMS

freq. response : 40 hz 20 hz

Signal to noise ratio : 75 db

2 things i m wondering;

1- what says here that "i m too noisy and have too much treble".

2- my first speaker which is the best was 550W,what does 550W mean ? 1200W has more clear/pure/better sound than 550W ? what are the specifications of speakers that have nice sound quality (1+1)-i m not gonna do parties, just need nice sound quality ?

You shouldn't really take notice of the wattage of a speaker. 2000W doent mean it is better than a 100W. The other thing not to take notice of is a speakers PMPO, basically the power output. Both wattage and PMPO are usually used as marketing gimmiks. The number to look at is the RMS. This is the accurate measurement of the power output of the speaker over a period of time.

If you are looking at stereo speakers for music then what you want to be looking at first is an amplifier. You can have the best speakers, but plugged into a crappy amp will make them no different from a lesser product.

You shouldn't really take notice of the wattage of a speaker. 2000W doent mean it is better than a 100W. The other thing not to take notice of is a speakers PMPO, basically the power output. Both wattage and PMPO are usually used as marketing gimmiks. The number to look at is the RMS. This is the accurate measurement of the power output of the speaker over a period of time.

If you are looking at stereo speakers for music then what you want to be looking at first is an amplifier. You can have the best speakers, but plugged into a crappy amp will make them no different from a lesser product.

so would you suggest me to set up my own speaker system ? buying an amplifier and 2 speakers ?

so would you suggest me to set up my own speaker system ? buying an amplifier and 2 speakers?

It depends on what you will be using it for. TV, DVD, Music, Games Console? If you are going to be using all or most of these then you are better going for an AV receiver. This is basically an amplifier that has inputs for HDMI, etc. It can upscale DVD and TV, and produces a superior sound quality.

With something like this then you would never use 2 speakers, maybe have 2 bookshelf speakers but you would have around 6 small speakers that give you surround sound along with a subwoofer for bass. You can end up spending a lot of money here, however there are some bargains. Note, speakers come separate.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr1007/onky-txnr1007-blk

If all you require is for music i.e plugging your iPod in or computer then you could just get a decent amp and a couple of speakers.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/denon/pma510ae/deno-pma510

If all you require is for music i.e plugging your iPod in or computer then you could just get a decent amp and a couple of speakers.

There is no richer available here.. but i could find pioneer which is :

http://www.hifisuppliers.co.uk/website/amplifiers/pioneer-a209r.htm

so what i m wonderin is now, can i connect this device to the any speakers i want ? or should i be careful about the numbers before connecting ( not to burn speakers) ? what kind of speaker should i buy for this device in order to have a good sound quality ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.