I need help about blocking someones ip IF they ...

apoelara13

Hello everyone , i am new to this forum and i really want help about something . So , listen what i need help with . I have created a register page for my game server and its working just fine BUT i need every IP to register ONLY 2 accounts on the mySQL database . If that IP has registered 2 accounts in the database i need a message to appear saying that " you cant register more than 2 times " So i think its blocking their ip from registering , i am not sure because i am new at php :). Can someone help me with that ?

Thanks

Alex

:)

As far as I know, and I am being really supportive and helpful when I say this.

It can NOT be done.

Reason:  there are dynamic ips,  proxies, and above all people who's ips have been registered as  having 2 or 3accounts, and have never been to your page ever before. missing on the whole point in getting as many customers as possible. (not every proxy can be digged to the point of final user ip)

What you can do is to have the overall experience made more and more enjoyable and engaging as the user's account becomes older and more involved. that way a new account holder will miss out on most of the stuff and hence not want to be a new account holder for longer. then you can simply cleanup the database by deleting the accounts that are inactive for x amount of time from time of registration.

lastco.net

2) THE MAXIMUM ACCOUNTS/CHARACTERS ARE 2(TWO) THOSE WHO ARE ABUSING

THIS RULE AND GET CAUGHT WITH MORE THEN 2 ACCOUNTS GETS BANNED.

See, manual intervention is required to prevent people from registering 2-3 accounts.

LOL, read these rules:

http://lastco.net/index.php?categoryid=77

1) ALL ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE WEAK PASSWORDS

FOR EXAMPLE: 123456789, QWERTY, PASSWORD WILL BE BANNED.

3) DO NOT VOTE FOR OTHER PEOPLE (EVEN IF THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS)

VOTE FOR ONLY YOU’RE ACCOUNT OR YOU’RE 2 ACCOUNTS.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN VOTE 2 TIMES ON ONE COMPUTER THEN 2 ON ANOTHER COMPUTER.

2 VOTES PER IP NOT COMPUTER IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Why call it vote if you may only vote for yourself?

4) SUBMITTING AN INVALID E-MAIL WHEN REGISTERING YOU WILL BE BANNED.

-- indicates competence :)

heh , i dont know their new rules and stuff but when i used to play their when i tried to register for a third acc it was saying error max accs are 2 !

Do you have a static IP or dynamic IP? And where do you register? I can't find it. Nevermind, I had NoScript on. They generate their menu using JS, smart for all those people blocking JS

And not everybody knows how to change their ip

They don't need to know. Rebooting or restarting is sufficient (as in logging in the next day). However when they see the Register button and click it they'll see they will not be refused to create a third account.

yes but you couldnt register more than 2 accs without the ip change :P

And not everybody knows how to change their ip

Are you really so convinced that you can do this, that you're just going to keep arguing with the people who are (correctly) trying to point out to you why it won't work? Here's another little tidbit for you: most ISPs force dynamic IP address changes after a set number of hours or days, whether the user knows it or not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.