Silent print a pdf

mrmos

On the client.

The reasons why you can't should be fairly obvious.

I'm not an expert in PHP, and by me asking if this is possible clearly shows I do not know these fairly obvious reasons, hence my asking. No need to be cheeky about it!

The reason is: if this was possible, some teenage moron would set up a page that would 'silently' print 'Moby Dick' one letter per page. Then they would post it on facebook with 'See Miley Cyrus Nekkid Lap Dance Video' description.

Thanks Mchl, that is a fair point.

Is that 100% locked down as in no possible way around it? Maybe by setting up a direct path to the printer/print files on the pc that can be locked with a password secured connection?

I'm just thinking out loud here  :)

I can. You can have a web app that has it's own 'Print' button, so any extra windows/clicks seem redundant.

I am working on such an intranet application, and people are complaining, that they need to click 'Print', Adobe Reader opens, then they need to click 'Print' again.

I need this to auto print a PDF. The system generates this PDF based on data that the user inputs, they then click print but as it currently stands the PDF opens in a new tab in FF and they then have to ctrl + P, then ok to print which is just very long winded. Pretty much the same as Mchl.

Thanks litebearer, I'll test that when I get home from work :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.